Saturday, February 15, 2014

Intro to Judge

So that was probably a strange blog intro. This will hopefully be better.


That’s kind of scary: A Blog Intro. So official. Eeek.


I’m a Catholic mom and wife of two boys. I’m also a high school teacher. My role as a working mom hasn’t always been a role of gracious acceptance. I haven’t always been good with it. Or even Ok with it. But after much grinding and gnashing of teeth my family and I have found our way with it and I really love my job. I’ve gotten pretty good at my job. And I’ve gotten better at juggling. Or at least I accept juggling and dropping and falling down crying will happen and go with it...usually.


But that’s a post for another time.


I was raised Catholic and have practiced it all my life. I went to the University of Dallas. I met my husband on Catholic Match. Our kids are named ridiculously Catholic-ish names. That’s us. I think all moms feel like they’re doing it on an island a lot of times. And many more wise writers than I have blogged about the internet bringing people together.


I have gleaned much from the internets of mommy bloggers and my adult faith life has been formed to a degree with these real women sharing their lives with me.


Sometimes we all feel a little island like, right? More times than I could count, I wished there were more (or some?!) faith-filled, funny, and excellent working mommy blogger blogs.  Where’s mine? And then I remember, who has time for that? I think I’ll just keep reading everyone else’s. Obviously they’re much smarter and funnier and have better grammar than me.


But I think I’ve been selling myself short. And overly conscious of the judging. No one ever told me that moms that worked were doing it wrong. But somewhere along the way I got that in my head. And sometimes those things in your head just hard to delete. Or maybe I just have a hard head.

But it’s the weekend. And the kids are in bed. I’m surviving a weekend of my husband away on business. And I want to catch up on some House of Cards with a glass of wine. So judge away or look away. Blog #2 in the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment