Friday, February 28, 2014

7 Quick Takes

Well I missed yesterday - can I do an extra day?

Here’s the catch up:

1. My sister and her husband were in town and it was awesome. They are moving from Hawaii to DC area and so car was shipped to LA and they stayed a little there, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, DFW. It was short and sweet and fun to catch up and have the children play.

2. I did the first workout of the Crossfit Open this morning. 14.1. Yes, I’m one of those. But I’m not one of THOSE. I’m in the Open purely to do it for myself. I’ll be lucky if I’m not in the bottom 10%. It’s so awesome to be like - last year, I could NOT do what I’m doing. It’s really super cool.

3. But the workout made my forearms really tired. So when I arrived at school and had to cut what felt like HUNDREDS of miles of chicken wire for my sculpture students, I thought I was going to die. That’s functional movement right there!

4. The weather here in North Texas just got awesome. But the forecast for early next week is looking like ice/cold/snow. I would do just about anything for that NOT to happen!

5. Gosh, I always love Fridays for the 7 Quick Takes. And I think they’d be so fun to write and today - NOTHING!

6. My students started making these really awesome wire insect sculptures today. Everyone got a different insect and they have to do it as realistically as possible. We started with the body. And I found myself saying, “Hey, you have a great body!” or “Hmmmm, I think you need to work on the body” or “Your legs are awesome!” and of course whenever something involves “balls” - as “Make a ball for the head” or “Shade the balls” things start getting weird. I have trained myself completely to say “spheres” in exchange for “balls” without even having to think about it. But all that other body, leg stuff was not easy!

7. A weekend where I’ve got nothing we HAVE to do! It’s been a LOOOONG time. Yeeehaw! Happy Friday!

Go here for more with Jen!

No comments:

Post a Comment