Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Wanting More?

Ok, gotta squeeze this Day #2 in FAST!

Last night we watched a podcast via youtube about a strength and conditioning coach that specializes in working with teenagers. He started as an elementary school teacher and did that for over a decade. As he was working, he began realizing his dream was having his own gym and training athletes.

To make a long story short, the guy was inspiring. He talked about not settling. Being in a good job with benefits and a pension and saying, "I want more." It's funny because, I feel like I'm one of those people who like their job with a pension and benefits and job security. But I loved his message. Live your dream, do it big! Love what you do!

Maybe it's because my kids are still pretty young, I'm good where I am. But it does make me think: If I did want more, what would it be?

Ok the good-natured brotherly play has ceased. Bath, pajamas, bedtime, teeth, scheduled reading times, tuck ins, etc. needs to happen ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment